Village of Canisteo
REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 11, 2017
Finance Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Regular Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m
Pledge of Allegiance: Mayor Recktenwald led all present in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- CALL TO ORDER:
Present: Mayor Recktenwald, Trustee Harkenrider, Seaman, Cone and Beers.
Excused: Clerk-Treasurer Melissa Day.
Also in attendance: Annie Osterwald, Heidi Robinson, Richard Stewart, Barb Kull, Kyle Amidon, Theresa Ambuski and Dennis Cole.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
A motion to approve the regular village board meeting minutes held on 9/11/17 was made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Trustee Beers. All aye votes. Motion carried 5-0.
- DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
- Codes and Insurance – (P. Cone): Report on File.
- Fire and Ambulance – (J. Beers): Report is on file.
- Public Safety / Police – (J. Beers): Report on file.
- Streets / Water / Sewer – (G. Seaman): Report on file.
- Budget Oversight – (T. Harkenrider): Nothing to report.
- Court Report – Report is on file.
- Planning Board/Zoning Board– (C. Harrington) – No report.
- Steuben Co. Legislator-(E. Booth) – No report.
- First Baptist Church hosted Community Day event on September 9th, requesting road closure before scheduled board meeting.
- Request for 15 minute parking signs on Depot Street.
- Request to declare September 18-24, 2017 as Constitution Week in Village of Canisteo by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: The Board welcomes comments from the public; however, the speakers must give their name and address and must limit their comments to five minutes or less. Speakers must observe the commonly accepted rules of courtesy, decorum and respect for all in attendance. Richard Stewart has asked for relief of his water and sewer bills-board will look into it.
- STATUS REPORTS:
- Junk Vehicles– On going.
- Rental Housing Registrations– On going.
- Rental Housing Inspections– On going.
- Fisher Associates and Municipal– Responding to their requests-Mayor is following up
- Old Fire Truck-BOCES
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Review intersections without STOP or yield signs– Chief Amidon
- Licensing of Cats– Received Hornell’s Code and will review, Hornell SPCA will help out.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Shared Services between the Canisteo-Greenwood Central School and Village regarding fuel for vehicles– Currently has an Interim Superintendant and will notify us of their progress. Vote 5-0
- Resignation of Village Clerk/Treasurer. Motion: Trustee Beers and second by Trustee Cone with regret
- Purchase salvaged vehicle for Police Department. Motion: Trustee Beers second Trustee Cone, Vote 4-1, Trustee Harkenrider voted no
- PMI Evidence Tracker Program. Motion: Trustee Beers second Trustee Seaman,
- Village Website-Motion: Trustee Harkenrider second Trustee Cone. Vote: 5-0.
- LED Lighting. – Chief Amidon
Out of regular session: Trustee Seaman second Trustee Mayor Recktenwald Time: 7:44pm
- Executive Session: Motion made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Mayor Recktanwald. All aye votes. Motion carried 5-0. Purpose: Personnel. Time: 7:46pm
Motion to Adjourn Trustee Seaman second Trustee Cone. All aye votes 5-0 Time: 8:37pm
- Return to Regular Session: Motion was made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Trustee Harkenrider. Time: 8:38pm
- Resolution to pay invoices previously reviewed in the Finance Meeting: Motion was made by Trustee Harkenrider and seconded by Trustee Seaman; Discussion, none. Motion carried 5-0. Time: 8:39 pm
- Adjourn the Regular Village Board Meeting: Motion was made by Trustee Harkenrider and seconded by Mayor Recktenwald; Discussion, none. Motion carried 5-0. Time: 8:39pm
Respectfully Submitted by:
Melissa Day, Clerk-Treasurer