Village of Canisteo
REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 7, 2017
Finance Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Regular Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m
Pledge of Allegiance: Mayor Recktenwald led all present in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- CALL TO ORDER:
Present: Mayor Recktenwald, Trustee Harkenrider, Seaman, Cone and Beers.
Excused: Clerk-Treasurer Melissa Day.
Also in attendance: Heidi Robinson, Reggie Cansdale, Barb Kull, Dave Robinson, Kyle Amidon, Jeffrey Chase, Theresa Ambuski, WLEA-Bill Dugan and Dennis Cole.
B) APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
A motion to approve the regular village board meeting minutes held on 8/7/17 was made by Trustee Beers and seconded by Trustee Seaman. All aye votes. Motion carried 5-0.
A motion to approve the public hearing re. Glen Ave. Sign minutes held on 6/5/17 was made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Trustee Cone. Motion carried 5-0.
- C) APPOINTMENTS-NONE
D) DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
1) Codes and Insurance – (P. Cone): Report on File.
2) Fire and Ambulance – (J. Beers): Report is on file.
3) Public Safety / Police – (J. Beers): Report on file.
4) Streets / Water / Sewer – (G. Seaman): Report to report.
5) Budget Oversight – (T. Harkenrider): Nothing to report.
6) Court Report – Report is on file.
7) Planning Board/Zoning Board– (C. Harrington) – No report.
8) Steuben Co. Legislator- (E. Booth) – No report.
- E) CORRESPONDENCE:
- BOCES thanked village for supporting student internship program.
- Mayor attended Steuben County Shared Services Meeting on July 19, 2017 in Bath, NY.
- MEGA – Municipal Electric & Gas Alliance
- Received Hornell Area Transit Report and thanked Village for support.
- F) PUBLIC COMMENT: The Board welcomes comments from the public; however, the speakers must give their name and address and must limit their comments to five minutes or less. Speakers must observe the commonly accepted rules of courtesy, decorum and respect for all in attendance.
- G) STATUS REPORTS:
- Junk Vehicles- On going.
- Rental Housing Registrations- On going.
- Rental Housing Inspections- On going.
- Fisher Associates and Municipal- Responding to their requests.
- Old Fire Truck- BOCES representative Andy Dennis will meet with Denny to discuss.
- H) OLD BUSINESS:
- Review intersections without STOP or yield signs- A lot of discussion and Kyle is to report back to us on the number of accidents at State Route.
- Sewer Plant Upgrade Process and Managers Requirement- Manager is registered in a DEC approved class and recent inspection received satisfactory compliance.
- I) NEW BUSINESS:
- Shared Services between the Canisteo-Greenwood Central School and Village regarding fuel for vehicles- Look at it again at the next board meeting.
- Village Heroes Banner Program—memorial to veterans from Canisteo or relatives of residents that served in our country’s military- memorial to veterans or relatives of Canisteo residents that served in our country’s military. MOTION: By Trustee Harkenrider, 2nd Trustee Seaman.
- Property Fences installed with unfinished side toward owner and finished side toward street. No code identified.
- Discuss Licensing of Cats
- Village Website-Mayor Recktenwald and Chief Amidon working on it.
- Meeting to change to September, 11 2017. MOTION: By Trustee Harkenrider and second by Trustee Seaman.
J) Executive Session: Motion made by Trustee Cone and seconded by Trustee Seaman. All aye votes. Motion carried 5-0. Purpose: Personal. Time: 7:52pm
*Exit Trustee Seaman and Trustee Cone 9:38pm
- K) Return to Regular Session: Motion was made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Trustee Beers; all aye votes. Motion carried 5-0. Time: 9:39pm
- L) Resolution to pay invoices previously reviewed in the Finance Meeting: Motion was made by Trustee Harkenrider and seconded by Trustee Seaman; Discussion, none. Motion carried 5-0. Time: 9:39 pm
- M) Adjourn the Regular Village Board Meeting: Motion was made by Trustee Seaman and seconded by Trustee Cone; Discussion, none. Motion carried 5-0. Time: 9:39pm
Respectfully Submitted by:
Melissa Day, Clerk-Treasurer